Hall Hire Terms & Conditions
Community Hall Hire
The hall is available to hire for all types of events from parties, classes, exhibitions, meetings and businesses. Our rates are competitive and include heating, lighting and the use of tables, chairs and kitchen facilities.
Please fill out the booking form so we can work out the charges. A refundable deposit will be required - This deposit will be returned if no problems occur as outlined in the 'Terms and Conditions'.
If you wish to hire the hall please read the 'Terms & Conditions of Hire' set out below and complete the Booking Form. A provisional booking can be made by either E-mail or Telephone. But will only be confirmed when a completed 'Booking Form' has been received, together with the hire charge. Any provisional booking after a period 2 days will be removed from the calendar.
Terms & Conditions of HireHiring
1. The hall is property of Croydon Football Club LTD and as such the terms of the lease do not permit activities which are not consistent with the community spirit. Hirers seeking clarification should contact the Bookings Officer.Use of the Premises
2. The hirer shall not use the premises for any other purpose than that described on the 'Booking Form' and may enter the premises only at the time specified on the 'Booking Form' which should cover the entire period needed to set up, hold the event, clean up after the event and vacate the premises. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any application and shall not be required to give reasons for such refusal.
The named Hirer shall not sub-let any part of the hall nor use it for auctions. The Hirer who makes the booking will be accepting the 'Terms & Conditions' on behalf of the whole party. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are aware of and accept the whole of these 'Terms and Conditions' and the obligations contained in them. Bookings must be made by persons over the age of 18.
Provision of a key to regular Hirers imposes a special responsibility to ensure after each session that all lights throughout the hall are switched off, all tables and chairs to be stored back in there original position. All hall electrical equipment (other than the refrigerator) used during the hire are switched off and Hirers own appliances removed from the building. The heating set back to the default (off in summer) and all windows and external doors are closed and properly secured before vacating the premises. This must be the case unless it is a licensed function with staff on-site to facilitate this.
Tables, some crockery and cutlery are available for use without additional charge. Please ensure these items are left clean after use and stored back in their original place. All breakages should be notified to your booking representative and must be paid for.Booking and Hiring
3. The person who makes the booking must be over the age of 18 and will accept the terms and conditions on behalf of the whole party. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are aware of and accept the whole of these 'Terms and Conditions' and the obligations contained in them. Please note that a contract is not made until acceptance of the booking and a written confirmation via email and your payment has been received by a Croydon Football Club representative.
Provisional bookings will be held for 2 days from the date of the 'Booking Form' after which time it will become available to the public once more.
4. Regular and block bookings will be invoiced at the end of each quarter and must be paid within 21 days of the Invoice date. A Receipt will be sent acknowledging payment. Cancellation of a booking must be notified by giving 14 days notice to a Croydon Football Club representative, otherwise a refund is at the discretion of the Management Committee.
For one-off bookings, a non-refundable deposit will be required for bookings to protect against cancellations, please ask your bookings officer for the cost. Cancellations must be made at a minimum of 14 days before the booking date or you may be charged for the full hire cost and extra costs including staffing.
5. The persons who signs the hire agreement is personally responsible during the hire period for the supervision of the premises, the fabric, the contents and the grounds from damage however slight, including the proper supervision of car parking. Also for the care and safety and behaviour of all persons using the premises and grounds, whatever their capacity. The hirer shall ensure that children under the age of 18 are supervised by an adult at all times. Equipment used during the hire such as Roundabouts or Bouncy Castles or similar equipment must be authorised by the a Croydon Football Club representative and supervised at all times.
6. Croydon Football Club Management Committee values and wishes to maintain, good relations with its neighbours. The Hirer shall ensure that noise is kept to a minimum on arrival, during the hire period and departure. Music or other sounds should be kept to a reasonable level throughout the period of hire and should not be audible within the surrounding neighbouring properties after 11pm. All doors must be kept closed after this time, except for entry and exit and all outdoor activity, including outdoor drinking ceases by 11pm. If the Management Committee believes that these conditions are being breached, it may require the immediate closure of the event.
7. No excisable liquor shall be sold or supplied to the public, on the premises, unless the booking requires our bar and then only by a Croydon Football Club representative and according to the premises license. Selling or supplying alcohol to under 18 year olds on the premises is against the law and would be subject to a £5000 fine. If a Licence is required for a proposed activity at the hall, not covered by the Community Hall's own 'Premises Licence' it is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that they hold or obtain the necessary licence for the activity to be held. You should allow plenty of time for obtaining these and a Croydon Football Club representative should be informed of the license request before booking.
Health & Hygiene
8. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant 'Food Health & Hygiene Legislation' and Regulations.
Gaming, Betting and Lotteries
9. The Hirer shall, ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises that is in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries. Only non-commercial games are permittedas per 'The Gaming Commission Regulations'.
Compliance with the 'Children Act 1989' and 'Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006'
10. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under 18 years of age and vulnerable adults comply with the 'Independent Safeguarding Authority' requirements and that only fit and proper persons have access to these groups. This may include sight of relevant DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check, where the Management Committee consider it appropriate. (The Hirer will be expected to make themselves aware of the liabilities stated in the above legislation).
Compliance with the 'Health Act 2006' - 'Prohibition of Smoking in Public Places'
11. The hall has a 'No Smoking Policy'. The Hirer shall ensure that their invitees comply with the 'Prohibition of Smoking in Public Places Provisions of the 'Health Act 2006' and regulations. Any person who breaches this provision shall be asked to leave the premises. The Hirer must be aware of the liabilities stated in the above legislation.
12. The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the premises, other than a special event agreed with a Croydon Football Club representative. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
Sale of Goods
13. The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with the 'Fair Trading Law' and any Code of Practice used in connection with such sales. The Hirer will be expected to make themselves aware of the liabilities state in the above legislation.
14. Croydon Football Club Management Committee accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or property brought onto, or left at the premises by Hirer. All equipment and property of the Hirer or Hirers Agents must be removed at the end of the hire, unless prior arrangements with Croydon Football Club representative have been made, or fees will be charged until the same is removed.
Electrical Appliance Safety
15. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and connected to the power outlets provided in the hall, are safe and in good working order in accordance with the 'Electricity at Work Regulations 1989'.
16. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority and Police Constabulary in connection with any public event. All persons using the hall should familiarise themselves with the 'Fire Safety' procedure displayed on the Notice Boards in the hall. Group leasers should take a register. Please note, hall users should not attempt to use the Fire Extinguishers unless they have received specific training in their use.
All Exits and Fire Doors must be kept clear of obstructions at all times. Fire appliances shall not be removed or tampered with. In exceptional climate conditions the two Fire Doors may be opened to improve ventilation, but the Hirer shall ensure these doors are closed and properly secured before vacating the premises.
The seating capacity of the hall, as agreed by the Fire Officer, is 100 persons. The Hirer shall undertake not to exceed this figure.
17. A parking area on the arena grounds is provided for the use of Hirers and all vehicles are left at owner's risk. Extra parking is available in the roadway. The Hirer must ensure that the entrance to the hall is left clear at all times and only use the access gate provided. No ‘bumping’ up on curbs as it is a pedestrian walkway other than the route from the gate. The parking outside is for unloading and vechicles should be moved prior to the event to maitain a clear exit route in case of emergencies.
18. The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public a Croydon Football Club representative in accordance with the regulations (RIDDOR - 'Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995). Details of any accident must be logged in the 'Accident Book' located in the kitchen next the 'First Aid' box.
Insurance and Indemnity
19. The Hirer shall indemnify members of Croydon Football Club, the employees, volunteers and agents during the hire against;
a) the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises, including the surrounding grounds thereof, or the contents of the premises.
b) all claims, losses, damages and costs in respect of damage or loss or property or injury to persons, arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment, by the Hirer.
c) all claims, losses, damages and costs suffered or incurred as a result of any nuisance caused to a third party as a result of the use of the premises by the Hirer.
d) or for the loss or damage due to any breakdown of machinery, failure of electricity supply, leakage of water, fire, government restrictions, or Act of God which may cause the hall to be temporarily closed, or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
e) Accident or damage caused in the Car Park to cars or vans must be covered by the owner's own insurance policy.
The Hirer shall ensure that equipment such as outside Roundabouts, Bouncy Castles or similar equipment, authorised by the Croydon Football Club Committee, that members of the hiring organisation and invitees have suitable 'Public Liability Insurance' for the type of event being held, against all claims arising as a result of the hire and on demand shall produce a current policy or other evidence of cover, to a Croydon Football Club representative.
Maintenance and Protection of Building
20. The named Hirer shall pay for all damage to the hall premises and its grounds, contents, or loss of contents, to the fixtures, fittings, equipment plus the adjacent premises of the owners and its grounds, occurring during the period of hiring, or whilst persons entering of leaving the hall pursuant to the hire, however or whomsoever caused. Helium balloons are allowed in the hall during the hire if due care is observed making sure they are not exposed to naked flame. A limit of 300 is set.
21. No alterations of additions may be made to the premises, nor any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way, to any part of the premises without the prior permission of a Croydon Football Club representative. Any alterations, fixtures, fittings or attachments so approved and when removed by the Hirer, must make good, to the satisfaction of the Croydon Football Club Management Committee, any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
The Hirer shall remove any flags or banners displayed in the hall or the outside areas which, in the opinion of the Management Committee deemed to be unseemly, expose the hall to risk of fire, or could lead to a breach of peace.
Rights to Enter
22. The right of entry to the hall is reserved to the Croydon Football Club representative and any other agent of the Croydon Football Club Management Committee or any Police Officer at any time during the hiring. The Croydon Football Club representative may, if seen fit, engage the Constabulary to preserve order prior to, during or after proceedings and to charge the hirer for any expense incurred. Croydon Football Club Management Committee reserves the right to terminate any activities not being properly conducted.
Completion of Hire
23. The Hirer shall remove all rubbish, food, bottles etc. generated by their event and shall leave the hall and outside areas in a clean and orderly condition, cleaning equipment is provided. If the hall is not left in a clean and orderly condition the Croydon Football Club Management Committee have the discretion of charging a 'Tidy Levy'.
24. If the Hirer wishes to cancel a booking 14 days notice must be given to the Croydon Football Club representative, otherwise a refund is at the discretion of the Croydon Football Club Management Committee. Failure to give such notice, the full hiring charge, or such lesser sum as the Croydon Football Club Management Committee thinks fit shall be paid by the Hirer.
In the event of the premises being required for the use as a Polling Station, for a Parliamentary or Local Government Election or Bye-Election, or for the hall maintenance, the Management Committee reserves the right to cancel any booking by written notice to the Hirer. The Hirer shall be entitled to a full refund of any payment made.
The Management Committee reserve the right to cancel any hire they consider might lead to a breach of licensing conditions or other legal or statutory requirements, or unlawful or unsuitable activity that will take place at the premises, as a result of hiring.
25. Croydon Football Club Community Hall Management Committee recognises its responsibility to comply with the 'Data Protection Act 2018' (DPA). The act regulates the use of personal data. All names, addresses and telephone numbers stored electronically or on paper will be shredded or securely disposed of, once the event has been completed.
26. The Agreement to hire constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.